Thank you for contacting Riverside Sheriffs’ Association regarding an endorsement for your campaign. RSA is honored to support candidates who demonstrate their dedication to public safety services and to the law enforcement professionals who provide vital patrol, custody and special assignment services to protect lives and property in Riverside County. The following is a summary of how RSA reviews and approves requests for political endorsements.
- Requests for endorsement must be submitted, in writing, to the RSA office. Requests must include
the office sought, the election date, party affiliation (for partisan primary elections), contact information,
including telephone and mailing address, and any additional information.
- Candidates for countywide and statewide offices must submit a completed copy of the RSA candidate
questionnaire in order to be considered for an endorsement. Your campaign will be notified in writing
if any deadlines apply for the return of the completed questionnaire.
- Each candidate requesting support will be considered by the RSA Political Action Committee. This
process usually involves a review of your questionnaire and professional history, and your participation
in an interview before the committee if invited you will be contacted by the RSA Political Action
Committee to arrange a date and time for the interview.
- Once the RSA Political Action Committee has completed its evaluation, a recommendation is submitted
to the RSA Board of Directors for consideration and approval.
- All efforts will be made to notify candidates of a decision as soon as possible following action by the
Board of Directors. Such notifications are made in writing, on official RSA letterhead and signed by
the RSA president.
- RSA reserves the right to withdraw its endorsement at any time and/or to modify this procedure for any
reason and without prior notice.
- The use of RSA’s name without express written permission is strictly prohibited.
- Only the RSA Board of Directors is authorized to issue a political endorsement on behalf of the
organization. Individual officers, directors and staff members are not authorized to endorse on behalf
Thank you for your request.
The RSA Political Action Committee